- Location on campus (Building 51)
Tech's athletic facilities extend to the water where the Engineers helped make the Charles River the birthplace of intercollegiate sailing and a historic site for intercollegiate crew. The Walter C. Wood Sailing Pavilion is the oldest university sailing pavilion in the world, and was named after then-sailing master and MIT graduate of the Class of 1917, who helped spawn the MIT Nautical Association. The building was completed in 1935, and currently houses over 110 sailboats, including Tech Dinghy's, Rhodes-19's, Flying Juniors, Lasers, Mistral Surfboards, and a Hobie-18 catamaran. Aleida, a 38-foot Hinckley cruising yacht donated in 1982 by Albert Hopeman is also part of the MIT fleet.
Facilities Home | Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center | Alumni Pool and Wang Fitness Center | Briggs Field | Fran O'Brien Field
du Pont Athletic Center | duPont Tennis Courts and J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble | Steinbrenner Stadium | Jack Barry Field
Johnson Athletic Center | Pierce Boathouse | Wood Sailing Pavilion