- Records: MIT (11-5, 6-1 NEWMAC); Emerson (6-14, 1-7 NEWMAC)
- Scores: MIT 12, Emerson 1
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Fran O'Brien Field)
- The Lead: The MIT baseball team ran its winning streak to seven straight with a convincing 12-1 win over Emerson College on Sunday afternoon as the Engineers are now 16-0 all-time vs. the Lions.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After MIT struck for three runs in the first and another run in the second on an RBI double by senior Max Lancaster (Attleboro, Mass.), freshman Andrew Krause (St. Louis, Mo.) added to the lead with the solo home run to left in the fourth to make it a 5-0 margin.
- With the score sitting at 6-0 after five, MIT used five hits in the sixth that included a two-RBI single from senior David Heller (Fair Lawn, N.J.) to make it a 10-0 game as the Engineers put together the four-run frame.
- Emerson picked up a single run in the sixth, followed by runs from Krause and Greenwood for MIT in the ninth to account for the 12-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- For the Engineers, Lancaster was 4-for-6 with three runs scored and four RBI, while Heller was 3-for-4 with three RBI and two walks. Overall, four Engineers had multiple hits that included a 2-for-4 outing by Krause with three runs scored.
- Junior Patrick Callahan (Vicksburg, Mich.) moves to 2-1 on the season for MIT with three strikeouts to improve to 2-1, while Nick Rempe takes the loss in four innings of six-run baseball to fall to 0-1.
- MIT is back in action on Tuesday, April 10th as the Engineers travel to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy for a 3:30 p.m. start.