- Events: Pairs Race (Cambridge, Mass. – Charles River); Dartmouth Green Monster (Hanover, N.H. – Connecticut River)
- The Lead: In its final outing of the fall, the MIT men's lightweight crew team split the weekend at the Pairs Race on Saturday and the Dartmouth Green Monster on Sunday. The Engineers' top duo of juniors Lee Mount (New Canaan, Conn.) and Jeremy Stroming (Issaquah, Wash.) placed 13th in the Pairs Race while the Novice 8 captured 11th place at Dartmouth.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Pairs Race:
- Racing among a majority of heavyweight pairs from Harvard and Boston University, Mount and Stroming finished with a time of 8:24 to rank 13th of 32 entries.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Dartmouth Green Monster:
- Despite having a boat comprised of limited experience, MIT bested nearly all of the novice boats with a time of 16:16.7 that put it 11th out of 18 teams. The performance resulted in one of the Engineers' best finishes during the past 10 years.
- MIT returns to the water in March for the start of its spring season.