- Scores: No. 21 MIT 9, Northeastern University 0
- Records: No. 21 MIT (4-0), Northeastern University (1-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: The No. 21 ranked MIT squash team improved to 4-0 with its fourth shutout victory of the season tonight as the Engineers defeated Northeastern University, 9-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- At the top of the ladder, MIT freshman Joe O'Connor (Madison, N.J.) fought from two sets down to win in a five-set thriller 6-11, 9-11, 11-7, 11-8, 11-3. The remainder of MIT's matches were completed in straight sets by the Engineers.
- Sophomore Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) defeated Karan Kishorepuria 11-8, 11-5, 11-3 at position two, freshman Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) won his match over Will Greaves-Tunnel 11-1, 11-2, 11-0 at position three, junior Justin Restivo (Phoenixville, Pa.) took his match over Karan Raja 12-10, 11-2, 13-11 at position four and senior Jeffrey Hu (Phoenixville, Pa.) defeated Connor Rouan 11-2, 11-3, 11-1 at position five.
- At position six, freshman William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) took down Francisco Calderon 11-0, 11-3, 11-1 and he was followed by classmate Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) defeated Adi Sureka 11-2, 11-5, 11-0 at position seven. The Engineers also got victories via Wonjune Kang (Seoul, South Korea) as he defeated Matthew Swenson 11-2, 11-3, 11-3 at position eight and Andrew Lu (Brookline, Mass.) as he defeated Yagnesh Bagrodia 11-2, 11-6, 11-2 at position nine.
- MIT is off until next Friday, November 17 when the Engineers head to the U.S. Naval Academy for its round robin. While in Annapolis, MIT will take on No. 14 Navy, No. 26 Hobart, Johns Hopkins, Bucknell and Denison.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.