- Score: No. 7 Amherst College 6, No. 25 MIT 3
- Records: No. 26 MIT (5-5), No. 7 Amherst College (9-2)
- Location: Amherst, Mass. (Amherst Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: The MIT men's tennis team was defeated by No. 7 Amherst College this afternoon by a 6-3 score.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) and freshman Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) picked up MIT's only doubles point this afternoon as they topped Kevin Ma and Zach Bessette by an 8-6 score. At the top of the lineup, Sean Wei and Jayson Fung defeated Tyler Barr (Chagrin Falls, Ohio) and Alex Cauneac (Severna Park, Md.), 8-2, while Sean Ko (Danville, Calif.) and Victor Cheng (Santa Monica, Calif.) were edged, 8-4, by Oliver Kendall and Jesse Levitin at No. 3 doubles.
- Cheng and Ko picked up MIT's two singles points in straight sets at No. 3 and No. 4, respectively. Cheng defeated Bessette, 6-4, 6-2, while Ko topped Fung, 6-1, 6-0. Barr was edged in a tiebreaker in the second set as he fell to Wei, 7-5, 7-6 (7-5) at No. 1, while Cauneac and Go were edged in three sets in their respective matches.
- Ma defeated Cauneac, 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 at No. 2 singles, while Levitin did the same to Go, 7-5, 5-7, 6-2 at No. 5.
- The Engineers head to New London, Connecticut for a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match with Coast Guard tomorrow beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.