MIT Blanks Bentley, 7-0
March 6, 2006
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The MIT men's tennis team kicked off its spring season with a 7-0 victory over Bentley College on Saturday. With the win, the Engineers' record improved to 2-0 on the year.
The No. 2 doubles team of Eric Beren and Mark Egan came back from an early break point to win, 8-6, and clinch the doubles point. Evan Tindell and Thomas Dohlman notched an 8-4 victory in the top spot while Peden Nichols and Kevin Durand defeated their No. 3 opponent by the same margin.
Melvin Makhni, playing in the No. 6 singles slot, picked up Tech's second point of the day by shutting out Patrick Schorno, 6-0, 6-0. Beren and Nichols recorded 6-0, 6-2 decisions in the No. 3 and No. 5 positions as Egan defeated Mike McCrillis, 6-1, 6-1. Tindell notched a 7-5, 6-3 victory at No. 1 while Dohlman emerged with a 6-2, 7-5 win in the next spot.
Bentley College vs. MIT
Final Team Score: MIT 7, Bentley 0
1. Evan Tindell/Thomas Dohlman (M) def. Greg Maloomian/Greg Avola (B), 8-4
2. Eric Beren/Mark Egan (M) def. Miles Holman/Mark Makowski (B), 8-6
3. Peden Nichols/Kevin Durand (M) def. Mike McCrillis/Edde Sepulveda (B), 8-4
1. Evan Tindell (M) def. Greg Maloomian (B), 7-5, 6-3
2. Thomas Dohlman (M) def. Greg Avola (B), 6-2, 7-5
3. Eric Beren (M) def. Miles Holman (B), 6-0, 6-2
4. Mark Egan (M) def. Mike McCrillis (B), 6-1, 6-1
5. Peden Nichols (M) def. Michael Dolan (B), 6-0, 6-2
6. Melvin Makhni (M) def. Patrick Schorno (B), 6-0, 6-0
7. Michael Price (M) def. Unknown opponent (B), 8-4