Engineers Ease Past Babson, 7-0
April 9, 2006
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - A 7-0 win over NEWMAC foe Babson College on Saturday lifted MIT's record to 7-1 on the year and 2-0 in conference play. The Engineers are experiencing their best start since they opened the 1999-00 season with 17 straight wins.
Eric Beren and Mark Egan did not drop a game in their 8-0 win in the No. 2 doubles spot. Peden Nichols and Melvin Makhni collaborated for an 8-2 victory while Evan Tindell and Thomas Dohlman posted an 8-4 decision in the No. 1 position.
Dohlman quickly defeated Jason Lynn, 6-1, 6-0, in the No. 2 singles slot. Egan and Nichols both won their matches, 6-1, 6-1, as Makhni picked up a 6-3, 6-0 victory in the No. 5 spot. Michael Price won his varsity match of the season with a score of 6-2, 6-0. Tindell wrapped up singles play with a 6-3, 6-1 win over Jeremy Stein.
Babson College vs. MIT
Final Team Score: MIT 7, Babson 0
1. Evan Tindell/Thomas Dohlman (M) def. Jeremy Stein/Jason Lynn (B), 8-4
2. Eric Beren/Mark Egan (M) def. Kyle Machioni/Andy Shin (B), 8-0
3. Peden Nichols/Melvin Makhni (M) def. Walt Sea/Amit Nar (B), 8-2
1. Evan Tindell (M) def. Jeremy Stein (B), 6-3, 6-1
2. Thomas Dohlman (M) def. Jason Lynn (B), 6-1, 6-0
3. Mark Egan (M) def. Kyle Machioni (B), 6-1, 6-1
4. Peden Nichols (M) def. Andy Shin (B), 6-1, 6-1
5. Melvin Makhni (M) def. Walt Sea (B), 6-3, 6-0
6. Michael Price (M) def. Amit Nar (B), 6-2, 6-0