Engineers Defeat Bentley, 9-0
Oct. 8, 2008
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The MIT men’s tennis team concluded its fall season with a 9-0 victory over Bentley University on Wednesday. The Engineers closed their campaign with a 3-0 ledger while the Falcons’ record fell to 3-3 on the year.
MIT registered a pair of 8-3 decisions in the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles positions. Ken Van Tilburg and Brian Wee topped Miles Holman and Michael Chao while Jonathan Farm and Peden Nichols collaborated for their win over Alec Spycher and Victor Suski. In the No. 1 spot, Kevin Pang and David Iba defeated Jigar Gada and Michael Dolan, 8-4.
The closest singles matches of the day occurred in the No. 1 and No. 5 positions, as Pang held off Gada, 6-3, 7-5, and Ryan Castonia outlasted Suski, 7-5, 6-7 (5), 10-5. Van Tilburg and Nichols posted identical 6-0, 6-1 decisions over Spycher and Matt Chase, respectively. Wee notched a 6-1, 6-1 win over Holman in the No. 3 spot while Samuel Harmatz defeated Dolan, 6-1, 6-0, in the No. 6 slot.
Bentley University vs. MIT
Final Team Score: MIT 9, Bentley 0
1. Kevin Pang/David Iba (M) def. Jigar Gada/Michael Dolan (B), 8-4
2. Ken Van Tilburg/Brian Wee (M) def. Miles Holman/Michael Chao (B), 8-3
3. Jonathan Farm/Peden Nichols (M) def. Alec Spycher/Victor Suski (B), 8-3
1. Kevin Pang (M) def. Jigar Gada (B), 6-3, 7-5
2. Ken Van Tilburg (M) def. Alec Spycher (B), 6-0, 6-1
3. Brian Wee (M) def. Miles Holman (B), 6-1, 6-1
4. Peden Nichols (M) def. Matt Chase (B), 6-0, 6-1
5. Ryan Castonia (M) def. Victor Suski (B), 7-5, 6-7 (5), 10-5
6. Samuel Harmatz (M) def. Michael Dolan (B), 6-1, 6-0