- Location: Gantcher Center - Medford, Mass.
- The Lead: At the Tufts Last Chance Meet, the No. 4 ranked MIT men's indoor track and field team posted six top-10 finishes in the final meet before next week's NCAA Indoor Championship.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman high jumper Alec Reduker (Newburyport, Mass.) captured the high jump with a jump of six feet, 5.5 inches, while freshman Chris Washington (Frisco, Texas) was third in the event with the same height of six feet, 5.5 inches.
- On the track, senior Rory Beyer (San Mateo, Calif.) posted an eighth-place finish in the 5,000 meters in a time of 15:25.41. Sophomore Aidan Gilson (Florence, Mass.) also finished in the top 10 in the mile as he crossed in 4:18.48 to finish in ninth.
- The Engineers also had a pair of top-10 finishers in the pole vault, led by sophomore Scott Cameron (Dublin, Ohio) in second with a clearance of 15 feet, 9.25 inches to rank 19th in the nation. Freshman Bobby Upton (Wexford, Pa.) capped off his freshman season with a ninth-place showing and a vault of 14 feet, 9.5 inches.
- MIT returns to action on March 10-11 as the Engineers travel to the NCAA Division III Indoor Track and Field National Championship meet at North Central College in Naperville, Ill.