- Location: Al B. Carius Track and Recreation Center - Naperville, Ill.
- The Lead: At the NCAA Division III Indoor Track and Field National Championship, the No. 12 ranked MIT men's team finished in a tie for 69th place as a team in the two-day event.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the triple jump, junior William Ruschel (Bethel Park, Pa.) posted a ninth-place finish as he qualified for the final in the event. Ruschel's top jump came on his third attempt as he posted a leap of 46 feet, 5.25 inches to narrowly miss All-American honors.
- In the 3,000, graduate student Matthew Deyo (Syracuse, N.Y.) and sophomore Dennis Maloney (Dublin, Ohio) wrapped up their showing at this year's national championship. Deyo, who was an All-American in the 5,000, finished in 13th place with a time of 8:32.12. Maloney crossed the line in a time of 8:36.38, which was good for 15th place.
- MIT has now concluded the indoor season as the Engineers will open the 2017 outdoor season on Saturday, March 25th at the Bears Invitational at Bridgewater State University.