- Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: At the Muri Cup and Beanpot on Saturday morning, the MIT lightweight women's crew team placed third overall in the varsity 8 race and fourth in the second varsity eight race on the Charles River. Following the regatta, the awards were presented at the Weld Dock and was hosted by Radcliffe.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Muri Cup is awarded to the winner of the Radcliffe/MIT first varsity lightweight 8 race and is named after MIT alum and former Harvard coach Linda Muri. This year, Radcliffe retained the Muri Cup as they picked up a 10-second win over MIT as the Engineers finished in a time of 7:16.4.
- The Beanpot is awarded to the winner of the first varsity lightweight eight among the three Charles River lightweight schools (Radcliffe, MIT and BU) as BU retained the Beanpot this year.
- In the second varsity 8 race, MIT placed fourth behind the Radcliffe 2V crew, which won the race in a time of 7:07.462. BU was second at 7:22.759, followed by the Radcliffe 3V boat in 7:30.364 and MIT at 7:37.084.
- The Engineers are back in action on April 29th as the team hosts Tufts University on the Charles River.