#27 MIT Continues Unbeaten Spring
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- The MIT women's tennis team notched its eight consecutive spring victory on Sunday afternoon, beating another nationally ranked opponent. The 27th ranked Engineers beat the #29 Skidmore Thoroughbreds 6-3 in non-conference tennis action.
MIT took the top two doubles matches and the top four singles matches, as Lauren Quisenberry, Candace Wu, Julia Hsu and Bianca Dumitrascu were all victorious twice. Quisenberry and Wu won 8-3 at first doubles then each won in straight sets in firsta nd second doubles, respectively. Hsu and Dumitrascu were pushed to the limit at second doubles, winning 9-8. Dumitrascu had less problems at fourth doubles, winning by matching 6-2 scores, while Hsu was pushed a little more, but still won in straight sets 6-4, 7-6.
Melissa Diskin and Katie O'Neal fell as a pair a third doubles by an 8-4 score and then separately in singles play. O'Neal was beaten 7-6, 6-1 in the fifth spot while Diskin lost 6-2, 1-6, 10-8 in the sixth hole.
MIT improves to 13-4 on the season and will play their next match at Brandeis on April 20 at 4:00 PM. Skidmore's record drops to 8-7. The Thoroughbreds will play on April 30th at Middlebury College.
#27 MIT 6, #29 Skidmore 29
1. Quisenberry/Wu def Mendoza/Loeb 8-3
2. Hsu/Dumitrascu def Hirsch/Nolan 9-8(7)
3. Diskin/O'Neal lost to Bryan-Ajania/Sires 8-4
4. Pomeroy/Jenny lost to Baird/Plevinsky 8-0
1. Quisenberry def Loeb 6-0, 6-2
2. Wu def Hirsch 6-3, 6-3
3. Hsu def Mendoza 6-4, 7-6(3)
4. Dumitrascu def Bryan-Ajania 6-2, 6-2
5. O'Neal lost to Nolan 7-6, 6-1
6. Diskin lost to Baird 6-2, 1-6, 10-8
7. Jenny lost to Sires 8-1
8. Pomeroy lost to Plevinsky 8-3