- No. 6 Wesleyan 8, No. 21 MIT 1
- Records: MIT (11-4), Wesleyan (6-0)
- Location: Middletown, Conn. (John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: On Saturday in non-conference action, the No. 21 ranked MIT women's tennis team dropped an 8-1 final to No. 6 ranked Wesleyan University. This marks the fifth straight nationally-ranked opponent of the spring season and third straight top-10 matchup.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Wesleyan took a 3-0 lead after doubles play before MIT picked up a straight-set win at No. 4 singles to get the Engineers on the board. In that match, freshman Sharlene Song (Arcadia, Calif.) got the visitors a point as she earned a 7-6, 6-4 victory over Helen Klass-Warch.
- Wesleyan earned the other five singles points in straight sets as the hosts stayed undefeated on the season.
- MIT is back in action on Tuesday, April 11th as the Engineers travel to No. 7 ranked Tufts University for a 4 p.m. start.