Tech Takes Clark, 9-0
Oct. 7, 2007
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The MIT women's tennis team did not drop a set as it cruised to a 9-0 victory over host Clark University in a NEWMAC match on Saturday. Winning their sixth straight conference contest, the Engineers improved to 6-1 on the year and 6-0 in the NEWMAC.
MIT registered 8-0 decisions in all three doubles matches. Leslie Hansen and Mariah Hoover picked up the first point of the day, followed by Anisa McCree and Liz Denys, and the No. 3 tandem of Karina Pikhart and Melissa Diskin.
The Engineers continued to overpower the Cougars in singles play. Diskin blanked her foe, 6-0, 6-0, in the No. 3 spot while Emma Rosen and Hoover won, 6-0, 6-1, in the No. 6 and No. 1 positions. Pikhart and McCree posted 6-1, 6-2 victories as Yi Wang wrapped up the day with a 6-4, 6-0 decision in the No. 2 slot.
MIT vs. Clark University
Final Team Score: MIT 9, Clark 0
1. Leslie Hansen/Mariah Hoover (M) def. Sneddon/Palmer (C) 8-0
2. Anisa McCree/Liz Denys (M) def. Domurad/Livingston (C), 8-0
3. Karina Pikhart/Melissa Diskin (M) def. Faden/Dunn (C), 8-0
4. Yi Wang/Jen Rees (M) def. Jakubski/Nathan (C), 8-1
1. Mariah Hoover (M) def. Sneddon (C), 6-0, 6-1
2. Yi Wang (M) def. Palmer (C), 6-4, 6-0
3. Melissa Diskin (M) def. Domurad (C), 6-0, 6-0
4. Anisa McCree (M) def. Faden (C), 6-1, 6-2
5. Karina Pikhart (M) def. Nathan (C), 6-1, 6-2
6. Emma Rosen (M) def. Schweitzer (C), 6-0, 6-1
7. Sheena Bhalla (M) def. Good (C), 9-7