Oct. 10, 2006
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - MIT dropped only eight games in its 9-0 victory over Clark University on Saturday. In a reshuffled lineup, the Engineers (6-1, 6-0 NEWMAC) notched three double-winners in Leslie Hansen, Yi Wang, and Anisa McCree.
Mariah Hoover and Wang collaborated for an 8-0 decision in the No. 2 doubles slot while Joanna MacKay and Hansen recorded an 8-1 victory. McCree and Kerry Weinberg wrapped up doubles play with Tech's second 8-0 score of the day.
Hansen, Wang, and Emily Chen each recorded 6-0, 6-0 wins in the No. 1, No. 2, and No. 4 spots, respectively. McCree defeated her No. 3 opponent, 6-0, 6-3, while Katie Smyth posted a 6-1, 6-2 victory. Jackie Rogoff capped MIT's dominating performance with a 6-1, 6-0 decision.
Clark University vs. MIT
Final Team Score: MIT 9, Clark 0
1. Joanna MacKay/Leslie Hansen (M) def. Emily Slack/Alycia Weiner (C), 8-1
2. Mariah Hoover/Yi Wang (M) def. Kristen Domurdo/Nicole Wachtel (C), 8-0
3. Anisa McCree/Kerry Weinberg (M) def. Rebecca Good/Monica Carmona (C), 8-0
1. Leslie Hansen (M) def. Emily Slack (C), 6-0, 6-0
2. Yi Wang (M) def. Kristen Domurdo (C), 6-0, 6-0
3. Anisa McCree (M) def. Alycia Weiner (C), 6-0, 6-3
4. Emily Chen (M) def. Nicole Wachtel (C), 6-0, 6-0
5. Katie Smyth (M) def. Rebecca Good (C), 6-1, 6-2
6. Jackie Rogoff (M) def. Monica Carmona (C), 6-1, 6-0