- Location: Memorial Field (Dartmouth College - Hanover, N.H.)
- The Lead: At the NEICAAA Championship at Dartmouth College, the No. 13 ranked MIT women's track and field team finished eighth overall and second among Division III teams with a total of 28 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Ariela Slutsky (Weston, Fla.) was second in the discus with a throw of 148 feet, three inches as she was just six inches away from the first-place toss. She was also 18th in the hammer and the third Division III finisher as she threw 152 feet, nine inches. Heading into the final week before nationals, Slutsky is ranked sixth nationally in the hammer throw and 13th in the discus.
- In the 1,500 meters, sophomore Katie Bacher (Macungie, Pa.) finished fifth in 4:31.71 to now move up to ninth in the country. Sophomore Marissa McPhillips (Narragansett, R.I.) was eighth in a time of 4:34.09 as he is now No. 19 overall. Sophomore Jenna Melanson finished third in the steeplechase as she ran 10:43.76 to move to seventh on the national list.
- Freshman Jacqueline Ahrens (Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.) was sixth in the pole vault at 11 feet, 7.75 inches, while senior Nneoma Okonkwo (Lagos, Nigeria) placed sixth in the long jump at 18 feet, 4.5 inches. Senior Haley Strouf (Rice Lake, Wis.) was 11th in the long jump with a distance of 17 feet, 4.75 inches.
- In the 400-meter hurdles, senior Hannah Chen (Los Gatos, Calif.) finished seventh in the finals as she ran 1:02.55. Chen qualified for the final with a runner-up finish in her heat as she ran 1:01.32 in the prelims. In the 100-meter hurdles, Chen missed qualifying for the final by just .03 seconds as she was ninth in 14.76 seconds.
- Junior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) led three Engineers in the 800 meters as she was eighth in 2:11.98. Sophomore Margaret Trautner (Houston, Texas) was 12th in 2:13.39, followed by freshman Katie Williams (Papillion, Neb.) in 13th in 2:13.44. Trautner is now ranked 22nd in the country, while Williams is 23rd.
- Sophomore Michelle Menkiti (Houston, Texas) was 13th in the 200 meters in 25.45 seconds.
- In the triple jump, sophomore Jasmine Jin (Fanchang, China) finished 13th with a jump of 36 feet, seven inches, along with a 15th-place showing from freshman Elizabeth Weeks (Ladera Ranch, Calif.) as she leapt 35 feet, 11.5 inches.
- The Engineers are back in action next week for the team's final meet prior to the NCAA Championship as the team hosts the MIT Final Qualifier at the Sherie and Don (1961) Morrison Track. That meet will begin at 5 p.m.