- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Athletic Center)
- The Lead: On Sunday morning, the MIT rifle team dropped a 4328-4267 final to visiting University of the Sciences at the duPont Athletic Center Rifle Range.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Devils held a 2172-2119 edge in the small bore segment, along with a narrow 2156-2148 advantage in air rifle.
- USP's Sarah Schnupp was the top overall finisher with 1138 points that included 566 in the small bore segment and 572 in the air rifle competition.
- For MIT, senior Kelly Methesius (Aurora, Ill.) moved up a spot from Saturday overall as she finished second with 1102 total points. Methesius finished third in the small bore at 536 points, along with a season-high 566 points in air rifle. Senior Kevin Ng (Coral Springs, Fla.) was fourth overall at 1067 points and also fourth in both the small bore and air rifle segments.
- Freshman Dylan Modesitt (Belmont, Calif.) also moved up a spot from Saturday as he placed fifth with 1063 overall points. He was fifth in the small bore segment at 533, along with a sixth-place showing in the air rifle competition with 530 points.
- Freshman Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) was ninth in the small bore segment with 515 points, while junior Joel Solis (Brownsville, Texas) was ninth in the air rifle for the second straight day as he posted 520 points.
- MIT returns to action on November 19th as the Engineers host John Jay and Wentworth in a 9 a.m. start.