- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Saturday at the duPont Rifle Range, the MIT rifle team defeated SUNY Plattsburgh by a 4,262-3,828 final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers held a 2,164-1,947 edge over Plattsburgh in air rifle, while Wentworth also competed in that section and posted 2,089 points. Senior William Caruso (Toms River, N.J.) and sophomore Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) led MIT with scores of 544, followed by senior David Bustillos (San Rafael, Calif.) and sophomore Dylan Modesitt (Belmont, Calif.) at 538. Sophomore Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) was the fifth MIT shooter in that category, posting a score of 528.
- In smallbore, MIT defeated Plattsburgh by a 2,098-1,881 margin as Rick was the top MIT shooter at 541. Bustillos followed at 529, along with Modesitt at 524 and Caruso with a total of 504. Miller rounded out the top five for MIT at 492.
- Overall, Rick was the leader for the Engineers at 1,085, followed by Bustillos at 1,067. Modesitt finished with a score of 1,062, along with 1,048 from Caruso and 1,020 by Miller.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, November 18th as the Engineers return home for a matchup with John Jay and Akron beginning at 9 a.m.