- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Sunday at the duPont Rifle Range, the MIT rifle team defeated SUNY Plattsburgh by a 4,316-3,896 final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In air rifle, the Engineers competed with SUNY Plattsburgh and Wentworth and totaled 2,176 points to rank first. Wentworth was second at 2,076, followed by SUNY Plattsburgh with 1,974 points. Sophomore Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) was the top performer for MIT with a total of 546, followed by senior David Bustillos (San Rafael, Calif.) at 537. Senior William Caruso (Toms River, N.J.) was next at 529, followed by sophomore Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) at 528 and senior Joel Solis (Brownsville, Texas) at 519.
- In smallbore, it was just MIT and Plattsburgh as Caruso posted a total of 549, improving upon his score from Saturday by 45 points. Rick was next up at 546, followed by Bustillos with a 544 to improve by 15 points from the day before. Herrera tallied 537 points in smallbore, along with a 528 from sophomore Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.). Overall in smallbore, MIT finished with 2,140 points while Plattsburgh posted a total of 1,922 points.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, November 18th as the Engineers return home for a matchup with No. 28 John Jay and No. 12 Akron beginning at 9 a.m.