- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: In the season opener vs. the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, the MIT rifle team dropped a 4,546-4,253 final in a match that took place in the duPont Rifle Range at MIT.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In smallbore, the Bears picked up a 2,254-2,117 advantage while the air rifle score was also in favor of the Bears at 2,292-2,136.
- Coast Guard's Bryce Sturtz led all scorers with 1,153 points overall as he had a match-high 576 in the smallbore. Coast Guard's Grayson Wheeler was the top shooter in air rifle with 580 as he was second overall at 1,138.
- For MIT, junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was seventh overall at 1,079 points to go along with sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) in ninth at 1,071 points and junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) in 10th with a total of 1,068 points.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, October 27th at home as the Engineers host John Jay at 9 a.m. and Wentworth at 1:30 p.m.