- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Saturday morning, the MIT rifle team fell to visiting John Jay College by a 4,353-4,256 final in a match at the duPont Rifle Range.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Overall, the Bloodhounds had the top three individual finishers as John Jay was led by Eliza Kotowska with a score of 1,116 points.
- Sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) led MIT in fourth place overall with a total of 1,080 points, followed by junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) in fifth at 1,074 points. Junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) picked up a sixth-place showing on the day with 1,066 points, while junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) at 986 points and freshman Matthew Reeve (Cazenovia, N.Y.) at 880 points finished ninth and 10th, respectively.
- MIT is back in action on Sunday, October 28th as the Engineers take on No. 4 ranked West Virginia University and the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in a competition that will take place in West Point, N.Y.