- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Saturday, the MIT rifle team defeated John Jay College and Wentworth as the Engineers finished the match with a total of 4,303 points between air rifle and smallbore.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers earned the 4,303-4,246 victory over John Jay College on Saturday, while they also took the air rifle final from Wentworth by a score of 2,190-2,065.
- Overall, junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was the top finisher for MIT as he totaled 1,093 points with 534 in smallbore and 559 in air rifle. Sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) followed at 1,086, along with 1,079 by junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) in fourth overall. Junior Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) was seventh overall on the afternoon with a total or 1,035 points, followed by junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) in eighth at 1,023. Miller had a score of 519 in air rifle, while Li posted a total of 529.
- Chu was the top performer in smallbore in the matchup with the Bloodhounds at 536 as MIT took three of the top five spots. In air rifle, Ida Sato of John Jay led the way at 563 as MIT's Rick was second with a score of 559.
- MIT is back in action at home on Saturday, November 17th as the Engineers host the U.S. Coast Guard Academy and SUNY-Purchase. The match with the Bears starts at 10 a.m., followed by SUNY-Purchase at 3 p.m.