- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Saturday at duPont Rifle Range, the MIT rifle team split a pair of matches with the U.S. Coast Guard Academy and SUNY-Plattsburgh. The Bears finished with a total of 4,564 points, while MIT posted a score of 4,279 and Plattsburgh tallied 4,095.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In smallbore, the Engineers posted a score of 2,118 as sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) led the way with a score of 541. Junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) was next for MIT with a 536, followed by junior Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) with a season-best score of 522. Junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) tallied a score of 519, while junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) came in at 512.
- Overall in smallbore, Coast Guard's Grayson Wheeler posted the top score of 575.
- In air rifle, MIT finished with a score of 2,161 with Chu posting a season-best score of 556. Rick was up next at 539, with Li and Miller following at 535 and 531, respectively. The score was a season-high for Miller, topping his previous high score of 522 from the season opener.
- Herrera was the No. 5 shooter for MIT at 524, while Bryce Sturtz of Coast Guard posted the top air rifle score of the day at 578.
- For MIT, juniors Jada Griffith (Willemstad, Curacao), Shah and Reeve also competed in air rifle on Saturday. Griffith finished with a score of 547, while Shah was at 518 and Reeve posted a 462.
- MIT is back in action at home on Sunday, November 18th as the Engineers host SUNY-Plattsburgh and Wentworth. The match with SUNY-Plattsburgh starts at 9 a.m., followed by Wentworth at 1:45 p.m.