- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Sunday, the MIT rifle team evened its record at 5-5 overall with a sweep of SUNY-Plattsburgh and Wentworth at the duPont Rifle Range.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT finished the match with a total of 4,299 points that included 2,174 in air rifle and 2,125 in smallbore. Plattsburgh posted a score of 4,058 overall with 2,049 in air rifle and 2,009 in smallbore, while Wentworth was second in air rifle at 2,139 points.
- Sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) led MIT in both air rifle and smallbore with scores of 534 and 553, while junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) tied Chu in air rifle. She added a score of 550 in smallbore to finish the day with a total of 1,084.
- Junior Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) was the third shooter for MIT in air rifle at 529, followed by junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) at 528 and junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) at 524.
- Herrera was the third MIT performer in smallbore at 540, while Miller and Rick added scores of 531 and 522, respectively.
- Junior Jada Griffith (Willemstad, Curacao) was excellent again in smallbore with a score of 542, followed by Shah at 525. Freshman Shirlyn Prabahar (San Ramon, Calif.) finished with a score of 510 in smallbore, along with 484 from Reeve.
- MIT is now idle until January 13, 2019 when the Engineers host their Alumni Match, followed by a match with Wentworth on January 25th beginning at 6:30 p.m.