- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: Led by junior Jada Griffith (Willemstad, Curacao), the MIT rifle team picked up its fourth straight win with a 2,161-2,092 home victory over Wentworth on Friday night. The two teams competed in air rifle as the Engineers are now 6-5 overall for the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Griffith led all shooters with a score of 550 to outdistance Wentworth's Tom Castle, who posted a score of 541 over six rounds. Junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was up next for the Engineers at 538, along with junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) in fourth at 537 to round out the scorers for MIT.
- Sam Carlson of Wentworth and junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) of MIT tied for fifth at 536, followed by junior Rishi Shah (Jericho, N.Y.) at 534. Junior Matthew Reeve (Cazenovia, N.Y.) was the final shooter for the Engineers as he posted a score of 500.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, February 2nd as the Engineers host SUNY-Maritime for a 10 a.m. start.