- Location: New London, Conn. (United States Coast Guard Academy)
- The Lead: On Sunday morning, the MIT rifle team dropped a 4,555-4,308 final to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. The Engineers posted 2,124 points in smallbore and 2,184 points in air rifle.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) led the Engineers on Sunday with a score of 1,092 that included 540 in smallbore and a team-best 557 in air rifle. Junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) was ninth overall and second for MIT at 1,078 points, while sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) was 10th overall with 1,071 points. Herrera led the Engineers in smallbore with his total of 543 points.
- Coast Guard's Seth Strayer was the top shooter overall and in both categories as he tallied 1,161 points with 573 in smallbore and 588 in air rifle.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, February 16th as the Engineers travel to West Point, N.Y. for a 9 a.m. start in the NCAA Qualifier.