- Location: West Point, N.Y. (Tronsrue Marksmanship Center)
- The Lead: On Saturday at the Tronsrue Marksmanship Center, the MIT rifle team fell to No. 11 ranked Army and the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in the NCAA Qualifier. The Engineers finished the match with a season-high 4,326 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT set its season-high in air rifle with 2,191 points and in smallbore, the Engineers finished with 2,135 points and that total ranks second this season.
- Junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was the top Engineer shooter with a total of 1,086 points that featured 536 in smallbore and 550 in air rifle. Junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) was one point back at 1,085 as she led the team in air rifle at 551 to go along with a score of 534 in smallbore.
- Junior Rishi Shah (Jericho, N.Y.) set season-highs in both smallbore (526) and air rifle (542) to post a score of 1,068. Junior Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) was the final MIT shooter at 1,052 points, finishing with 512 in smallbore and 540 in air rifle.
- Army's Clayton Hanson led the way with 1,173 points overall, while Coast Guard was led by a 1,152-point performance by Grayson Wheeler.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, March 2nd as the Engineers travel to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy for the 2019 MAC Championship.