- Location: New London, Conn. (United States Coast Guard Academy)
- The Lead: On Saturday at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, the MIT rifle team wrapped up the 2018-19 season as the Engineers had four individuals compete at the MAC Championship.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- For the Engineers, junior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) competed in smallbore and finished with a total of 553 points that including a round-one score of 97.
- In air rifle, junior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was the top scorer with a total of 556 points over six rounds. Junior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) was next for MIT with 554 points, along with a 548-point performance from sophomore Landon Chu (Burke, Va.).
- In the team standings, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy claimed the championship with 4,569 points, followed by John Jay in second at 4,363 points. SUNY Plattsburgh was third with 4,195 points and Canisius checked in at fourth with 1,761 points (shooting smallbore only).