- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: Led by a 2,164-2,014 advantage in smallbore, the MIT rifle team defeated John Jay by a 4,360-4,204 final on Saturday at the DuPont Rifle Range.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Overall, junior Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) was the top shooter with a total of 1,100 that included a score of 553 in air rifle and 547 in smallbore. Senior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) was third overall at 1,088, followed by first-year Jenny Zhang (Austin, Texas) at 1,082 points.
- Senior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was sixth overall at 1,075 points, along with first-year Noelle Kramer (Melbourne, Fla.) seventh at 1,070 and senior Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) in ninth with 1,015 points.
- In smallbore, Herrera led all shooters with a score of 549 as Chu was second at 547. For John Jay, Michael Hyde was third overall with his score of 544. Zhang and Kramer rounded out the top five for MIT with scores of 541 and 527, respectively.
- In air rifle, John Jay's Eliza Kotowska was tied with Rick from MIT with a top score of 559. MIT's Chu and Hyde from John Jay were then tied for third with a score of 553. Kramer was fifth in air rifle as she registered a score of 543.
- For MIT, Kramer posted career-highs in both smallbore and air rifle, while Zhang had a career-high score in smallbore and Rick posted a season-high score in air rifle.
- MIT is back in action on Friday, November 1st as the Engineers host Wentworth at 6 p.m. MIT then travels to West Point on Sunday, November 3rd to compete the Air Force Academy at the Tronsrue Marksmanship Center.