Hatch Brown Trophy – 6th, 16th of 17
Regis Trophy – 8th of 16
- The Lead: The MIT sailing team competed at two regattas over the weekend including at home in the Hatch Brown Memorial Trophy and the Regis Trophy at Harvard. The Engineers took sixth and 16th overall at the Hatch Brown Trophy and eighth overall at the Regis Trophy.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The wind did not cooperate all weekend at the Hatch Brown Trophy as no sailing took place on Saturday and each division was only able to get in three races on Sunday. As a team, Engineers 2 took sixth place with 65 points and Engineers 1 finished 16th with 114 points.
- Individually in the A Division, Engineers 2 sailed by Emily Haig (Beach Haven, N.J.) and Sameena Shaffeeullah (Danbury, Conn.) finished fourth with 18 points and Engineers 1 sailed by Trevor Long (Hockessin, Del.) and Julia Cho (Cupertino, Calif.) took 12th place with 32 points. In the B Division, Engineers 2 sailed by Annie Hughes (Guilford, Conn.) and Tiffany Xi (Foster City, Calif.) finished ninth with 24 points and Engineers 1 sailed by Stephen Duncan (Severna Park, Md.) and Fiona McKellar (Palos Verdes, Calif.) finished 12th with 35 points. In the C Division, Engineers 2 sailed by Kaila Pfrang (Suffolk, Va.) and Brooke McGoldrick (Southport, Conn.) finished sixth with 23 points, while Engineers 1 sailed by John Ped (Portland, Ore.) and Lynn Liu (Orange, Conn.) finished 16th with 47 points.
- As with the Hatch Brown Trophy, sailing was only able to happen on Sunday at Tufts. As a team, MIT finished eighth overall with 85 points. The A Division vessel sailed by Meredith Julian (Cohasset, Mass.) and Zoe Lallas (Chicago, Ill.) took tenth place with 55 points, while the B Division boat sailed by Lulu Russell (Marion, Mass.), Dana Haig (Beach Haven, N.J.), Isabelle Yen (Palo Alto, Calif.) and Abbie Lee (Costa Mesa, Calif.) finished fifth with 30 points.
- Next weekend, MIT will travel to Brown University for the Hoyt Trophy, Tufts University for the Hood Trophy, Dartmouth College for the Mrs. Hurst Bowl and Harvard University for the Harvard Invitational.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.