Friis Trophy - 10th of 10 (1-8 Record)
Duplin Women's Trophy - 7th of 8 (3-6 Record)
- The Lead: On a weather shortened weekend of racing, the MIT sailing team finished in seventh place at the Duplin Women's Trophy hosted by Tufts University and in tenth at the Friis Trophy hosted by Roger Williams University.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the opening round of action at the Duplin Women's Trophy, the Engineers posted a record of 3-4 which featured wins over Northeastern University (1-3-6), Tufts University (1-3-4) and the University of South Florida (1-3-5). MIT closed its day in the round of the bottom four and was edged by Tufts (1-5-6) and South Florida (3-5-6) to end the regatta with a record of 3-6 for seventh place.
- The Duplin Women's Trophy saw Annie Hughes (Guilford, Conn.), Dana Haig (Beach Haven, N.J.) and Lulu Russell (Marion, Mass.) serve as the skippers and Liz Obermaier (Northville, Mich.), Noa Yoder (New York, N.Y.), Brooke McGoldrick (Southport, Conn.) and Isabelle Yen (Palo Alto, Calif.) serve as the crews.
- In the only round of sailing at the Friis Trophy, MIT posted a record of 1-8 as the only team the Engineers were able to beat was Boston University (2-3-4). The only other team that the Engineers had a boat finish first in was against Stanford University, but MIT ultimately fell, 1-5-6.
- The Friis Trophy saw Trevor Long (Hockessin, Del.), John Ped (Portland, Ore.), James Peraire-Bueno (Bedford, Mass.) and Stephen Duncan (Severna Park, Md.) serve as the skippers, while Kaila Pfrang (Suffolk, Va.), Sameena Shaffeeullah (Danbury, Conn.) and Julia Cho (Cupertino, Calif.) served as the crews.
- Next weekend, the Engineers will host the Lynne Marchiando Team Race and also travel to Boston University for the BU Team Race and to Brown for the Dellenbaugh Trophy.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.