- Results: 12th of 18 - 350 points
- Location: Newport, R.I. (Sail Newport)
- The Lead: The MIT women's sailing team saw its season come to a close this afternoon as the Engineers finished 12th overall at the 2019 Intercollegiate Sailing Association (ICSA) National Championship at Sail Newport in Rhode Island.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the A Division, seniors Annie Hughes (Guilford, Conn.), Tiffany Xi (Foster City, Calif.) and Noa Yoder (New York, N.Y.) as well as sophomore Kaila Pfrang (Suffolk, Va.) finished 15th with 198 of MIT's 350 points. The quartet won race number two and also found success in race number four where they finished sixth, race number five where they finished ninth and race number 16 where they finished seventh.
- In the B Division, senior Sarah Caso (Duxbury, Mass.), junior Brooke McGoldrick (Southport, Conn.), sophomore Emily Haig (Beach Haven, N.J.) and first-year Maile Jim (Honolulu, Hawaii) finished eighth with 152 total points. The quartet won race number one and race number six and also found success in race number two where they finished second, race number five where they finished seventh, race number three where they finished eighth and race number nine where they finished fifth.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.