- Records: MIT (1-1); Nichols (1-3); No. 8 Southern Maine (1-0)
- Scores: Game One: MIT 8, Nichols 7 (10 innings); Game Two: No. 8 Southern Maine 3, MIT 2
- Location: Hartford, Conn. (Murren Family Field at DiBenedetto Stadium)
- The Lead: In the season opener on Saturday, the MIT baseball team split with Nichols College and the University of Southern Maine in a non-conference pair that was hosted at Trinity College. The Engineers scored five times in the bottom of the eighth to rally past Nichols in the opener, before the Huskies scored twice in the ninth in game two to pull out the victory for USM.
A full recap for both games, along with updated box scores, will be available once the two games are rescored and the correct statistics are recorded.
- MIT returns to Connecticut on Monday to take on Trinity College for a 4 p.m. start.