- Records: MIT (13-12-1, 5-6 NEWMAC); No. 14 Babson College (22-4, 11-2 NEWMAC)
- Scores: No. 14 Babson College 15, MIT 0
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Fran O'Brien Field)
- The Lead: In the final game of the three-game series with No. 14 ranked Babson, the MIT baseball team dropped a 15-0 final to the Beavers on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Babson outhit the Engineers by a 14-3 margin that included a seven-run fourth inning that put the game out of reach. In the fourth, Babson had four hits that included a bases-clearing double to right field by Eric Jaun to key the attack.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tyler Bell picked up the win for the Beavers as he went six innings with three hits, no walks and five strikeouts to move to 1-0. Junior Zack Kopstein (Tiburon, Calif.) took the loss for the Engineers and is now 2-1 on the season after allowing five runs on five hits with three strikeouts.
- Six Beavers picked up two hits each in the game, including a 2-for-4 day with three runs scored and four runs batted in by Edward Lehr.
- MIT returns to action on Tuesday, April 16th as the Engineers travel to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy for a 3:30 p.m. start.