- Score: No. 5 MIT 86, Eastern Nazarene 55
- Records: No. 5 MIT (1-1), Eastern Nazarene (0-3)
- Location: Quincy, Mass. (Lahue Physical Education Center)
- The Lead: Led by a 29-point effort from senior Cameron Korb (Los Gatos, Calif.), the No. 5 ranked MIT men's basketball team defeated Eastern Nazarene by an 86-55 final on Saturday afternoon in non-conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first half, the game was tied at 13-13 with 10:46 left before the Engineers embarked on a decisive 23-0 run over the next 6:29 behind a trio of three-pointers by Korb. With MIT then leading 36-13 at the 4:17 mark, the visitors took the eventual 41-20 edge into the halftime break.
- Sophomore Ian Hinkley (Raleigh, N.C.) knocked down a three with 13:22 remaining in the game to make it a 30-point game at 56-26 as MIT led by as many as 33 before picking up the 31-point victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Korb hit nine three-pointers, while senior Bradley Jomard (Paris, France) nearly posted his third career triple-double with 13 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists. Hinkley added 14 points to go along with 16 points from senior AJ Jurko (Weston, Fla.).
- For the hosts, David Lopez finished with 13 points and seven rebounds off the bench.
- The Engineers converted 28 Eastern Nazarene turnovers into 35 points.
- MIT is ranked No. 5 in the 2018-19 D3Hoops.com Preseason National Poll following an appearance in the NCAA Elite Eight last year.
- MIT returns to action on Tuesday, November 20th as the Engineers host Tufts University for a 7 p.m. start.