- Score: No. 9 MIT 86, UMass Dartmouth 64
- Records: No. 9 MIT (6-1), UMass Dartmouth (4-4)
- Location: North Dartmouth, Mass. (Tripp Athletic Center)
- The Lead: Led by a 26-point effort by senior Bradley Jomard (Paris, France), the No. 9 MIT men's basketball team won its sixth straight game in an 86-64 road win at UMass Dartmouth on Tuesday night. Jomard also added nine assists and six rebounds in a quest for the triple-double.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Capped by a three from senior Cameron Korb (Los Gatos, Calif.), MIT jumped out to an early 8-2 edge and led by double figures at 18-8 following a layup by senior AJ Jurko (Weston, Fla.). MIT lead by a 30-16 margin with 8:15 on the clock that forced a Corsairs timeout and put that edge to 19 with 6:32 left before taking a 44-29 advantage into the halftime. Jomard capped the opening half for the Engineers with a tremendous dunk as he was fouled with 27.7 seconds remaining on the play.
- The Engineers maintained control in the second half with the 63-42 lead with 12:15 remaining off a corner three by sophomore Ian Hinkley (Raleigh, N.C.) as the Engineers eventually picked up their sixth straight victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Engineers again had all five starters in double figures as Jomard was joined by 15 points from Hinkley to pace the starting five. Senior Tim Roberts (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds for his third double-double of the season, while Korb added 14 and Jurko 12.
- Jake Ashworth led the Corsairs with 20 points to go along with 10 from Arinze Obiora.
- MIT is on the road on Thursday, December 6th as the Engineers travel to Salem State for a 7:30 p.m. non-conference matchup.