- Event: MIT vs. U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: Racing in ideal conditions that featured temperatures in the 40s with a slight tailwind and flat water, the MIT men's heavyweight crew team kicked off the spring portion of its schedule by posting an 11-second victory over the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in the Varsity 8 race on Saturday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT and Coast Guard were even through the first 400 meters. The Engineers then steadily pulled away, completing the two kilometer course in 6:07:59 en route to a comfortable win.
- Tech's JV competed in an exciting fours race that saw it cross the finish line in 7:00.48, four-tenths of a second behind the Bears' A boat. Coast Guard's remaining entries recorded times of 7:11.920 and 7:17.720.
- Following a week of training camp during spring break, MIT travels to Overpeck County Park in New Jersey for the Alumni Cup on Saturday, April 1.