- Events: Holy Cross and the Alumni Cup (Columbia)
- Location: Overpeck County Park (Leonia, N.J.)
- The Lead: Competing in challenging conditions that featured 15-20 mile per hour headwinds and very choppy water, the MIT men's heavyweight crew team lost to Holy Cross and later on Columbia in the Alumni Cup on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Holy Cross:
- A race course buoy came loose and interfered with the Engineers' varsity boat, resulting in a final time of 7:13.4 which was nine seconds behind the Crusaders. In the 2V8 race, Holy Cross recorded a comfortable win as MIT crossed the line 25 seconds later in 8:18.1.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Alumni Cup (Columbia):
- Columbia captured the Alumni Cup with a 17.4 second victory (7:12.5 – 7:29.9) over MIT in the varsity race. The Lions also controlled the action in the 2V8 competition as they finished 37 seconds ahead of their own 3V8 (7:51.2) and just over a minute after the Engineers (8:17.4).
- MIT travels to Washington, D.C. for the two-day George Washington Invitational beginning on Friday, April 7.