- Event: Head of the Charles Regatta
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: For the second year in a row the MIT's men's heavyweight Collegiate 8+ captured seventh place at the Head of the Charles on Sunday, marking its third straight top-10 finish. Earlier on Saturday, the Club 8+ finished in 17th place.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Collegiate 8+:
- MIT reached the first checkpoint in 3:18.7 and then passed the Weld Boathouse just under the eight-minute mark. The Engineers crossed the third checkpoint with 12:01.7 on the clock before their last push helped them log a final time of 14:40.509 to claim seventh place in a field of 37 teams. Just .115 seconds separated fourth through seventh place.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Club 8+:
- On Saturday, MIT quickly reached the midway point in a time of 8:24.0. The Engineers held steady down the stretch as they crossed the finish line in 15:42.032, six seconds ahead of Army-West Point, to rank 17th out of 36 teams.
- MIT travels to Lake Carnegie in Princeton, N.J. for the Princeton Chase on Sunday, Oct. 29.