- Event: Foot of the Charles
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's heavyweight crew team closed out the fall portion of its schedule by competing in the Foot of the Charles on Saturday. The Engineers' A4+ and C4+ placed 19th and 26th, respectively, while their 8+ finished 21st.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Racing in cold conditions with a 10-15 mile per hour northwest headwind, MIT's "A" boat came in 19th place, up two spots from last year, with a time of 14:39.3. The Engineers' "C" entry was next in 26th place (15:35.4). MIT's 8+ crossed the finish line in 15:11.8 to rank 21st.
- MIT returns to the water on Saturday, March 24 when it hosts the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.