- Event: Head of the Charles Regatta
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's heavyweight Collegiate 8+ captured third place at the Head of the Charles on Sunday, marking its fourth straight top-10 finish and highest ranking in program history. Earlier on Saturday, the Club 8+ finished in 18th place.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Collegiate 8+:
- MIT registered a time of 16:05.842, just .012 seconds behind runner-up Drexel, to finish third place in a field of 35 entries. The Engineers achieved this feat with a boat that was comprised of five freshmen, three sophomores, and one senior while battling cold temperatures and winds gusting to 30 miles per hour.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Club 8+:
- With freshmen occupying the stern four seats, MIT finished 18th out of 37 crews with a time of 15:57.307 on Saturday. As a result, the Engineers earned a guaranteed entry for next year.
- MIT travels to Fish Creek at Lee's Park in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. for the Head of the Fish on Saturday, Oct. 27.