- Event: U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: For the second year in a row, the MIT men's heavyweight crew team dominated the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in its spring debut on Sunday. Despite racing in difficult conditions that featured choppy water with a strong cross-headwind building throughout the morning, the Engineers swept all three of their races by an average of 24 seconds.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Second Varsity 8 hit the water first and clocked a time of 6:51.10, exactly 19.48 seconds ahead of Coast Guard. The Varsity 8 followed with a 23-second victory (6:38.4 – 7:01) while the Varsity 4+ completed the sweep with a comfortable win in 8:24.49. Coast Guard's "A" boat crossed the finished line 30.1 seconds later as its "B" boat finished in 9:12.80.
- MIT travels to Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Massachusetts for the Alumni Cup on Saturday, April 6.