- Event: IRA National Championship
- Location: Gold River, Calif. (Lake Natoma)
- The Lead: The MIT men's heavyweight crew team closed out its season by placing fourth in the Varsity 4+ Grand Final at the Intercollegiate Rowing Association National Championship on Sunday on Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In its heat on Friday morning, MIT finished second with a time of 6:33.091, exactly 3.3 seconds behind Cal and 3.243 seconds ahead of Navy. That afternoon, the Engineers won their repechage in 6:37.860, defeating Harvard (6:40.493), Cornell (6:52.638), and Drexel (6:58.123).
- In Saturday's semifinal, MIT (6:26.532) edged out Stetson (6:26.560) and Boston University (6:26.922) for a runner-up finish and a spot in the Grand Finals.
- In Sunday's championship race, Washington took the top spot in 6:19.868, followed by Cal (6:20.963), Princeton (6:25.467), MIT (6:29.090), Stetson (6:29.445), and Georgetown (6:36.008).