- Event: Penn and Delaware
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: Competing on the Charles River for the first time this spring, the MIT men's lightweight crew team finished third in its two races against the University of Pennsylvania and University of Delaware on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Second Varsity 8 had a good start and stayed with Penn and Delaware throughout the first quarter of race, however, the Engineers could not maintain their pace. As a result, the opposing boats created a considerable amount of distance especially during the last 500 meters. Penn came in first with a time of 6:20.0, followed by Delaware (6:26.9), and MIT (6:44.7).
- The Varsity 8 competition featured a trio of boats that are listed in the latest USRowing Collegiate Poll. No. 7 Delaware edged out No. 5 Penn by 1.174 seconds for the victory, crossing the finish line in 6:18.565. The Engineers, whose start was good but not clean, logged a time of 6:31.2.
- MIT hosts the Joy Cup on Saturday, April 7.