- Event: Biglin Bowl
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's lightweight crew team was narrowly edged out by Dartmouth College for second place in both the Varsity 8 and Second Varsity 8 races of the Biglin Bowl on Saturday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Following an aggressive 1,000 meters by the Engineers' Second Varsity 8, Dartmouth increased its lead during the third 500 meters. MIT almost recovered the full distance during its final sprint, but the Big Green crossed the finish line .6 seconds ahead of the Engineers. Harvard claimed the victory with a time of 5:59.5, followed by Dartmouth (6:09.580) and MIT (6:10.180).
- The Varsity 8 had a similar start like the 2V8, however, Dartmouth created some distance during the next 500 meters as the Engineers battled rough water and fatigue. MIT bounced back down the stretch but could not surge past the Big Green. Nationally-ranked No. 2 Harvard won the race in 5:45.126, followed by No. 9 Dartmouth (5:53.490) and the No. 12 Engineers (5:54.726).
- MIT will host Fairfield University on Sunday, April 15 at 9:00 a.m.