- Event: Fairfield University
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: Racing in strong winds and white water on the Charles River, the MIT men's lightweight crew team saw its Varsity 8 and Second Varsity 8 top Fairfield University on Sunday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Varsity 8 had a good start which helped it get several boat lengths on Fairfield and coast to the finish line in 6:35.14. The Second Varsity 8 moved slowly against the Stags but kept the race close until the 1,000-meter mark when the Engineers' got a full length ahead. Due to the challenging conditions both boats held their positions, finishing in 6:52.98 and 6:56.19, respectively.
- MIT will host the Geiger Cup on Saturday, April 21.