- Event: Foot of the Charles Regatta
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's lightweight crew team wrapped up the fall portion of its schedule at the Foot of the Charles on Saturday. Racing against heavyweight crews, the Engineers placed 17th, 19th, and 20th in the Varsity 4+ event while ranking 10th in the Varsity 8+ competition.
HOW IT HAPPENED – V4+
- Despite getting tangled up with the shore, MIT's "A" boat crossed the finish line first for the Engineers with a time of 14:25.3, five seconds behind Boston College's heavyweight "A" boat and one second ahead of MIT's heavyweight "B" boat. The V4+ "B" entry came in 19th place in 15:05.3 while the "C" boat posted a time of 15:37.6 to round out the field of 20 teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED – V8+
- MIT overcame getting stopped behind a BC crew trying to get through the BU Bridge to finish 10th overall (fifth among lightweight crews) with a time of 13:21.7.
- MIT returns to the water in March.