- Event: Penn, Delaware, and Temple
- Location: Philadelphia, Pa. (Schuylkill River)
- The Lead: In its first action of the spring, the MIT men's lightweight crew team finished fourth in its two races against Penn, Delaware, and Temple on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia on Saturday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Second Varsity 8 put together a technically sound race, crossing the finish line in 6:25.9, exactly 5.5 seconds behind third place Temple. Penn won the race in 6:00.5, followed by Delaware in 6:09.9.
- The Varsity 8 race was very tight with Temple as MIT was edged out of third place by .6 seconds. The Engineers were quick off the start and traded seats with the Owls down the course, however, Temple pulled away in the last 300 meters, finishing in 6:12.2. Once again, Penn came in first (5:56) with Delaware close behind (5:59.5).
- MIT hosts Boston College on Sunday, March 31. The 2V8 races at 8:20 a.m. followed by the V8 at 8:40 a.m.