- Event: Boston College
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In its second race of the weekend, the MIT men's lightweight crew team saw its Varsity 8+ register a narrow victory over Boston College but the Second Varsity 8+ was edged out by the Eagles at the finish line on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The 2V8 competed first with BC winning in 6:46, exactly .08 seconds ahead of MIT. The Engineers and the Eagles fought side-by-side the entire length of the race, but BC surged ahead during the last 200 meters for the win. MIT, however, had a five-second margin over BC's 3V and a 14-second difference against BC's 1F.
- In the V8+ race, the Engineers had a strong start and built a large lead through the first 700 meters. MIT was unable to maintain its pace but held the Eagles off for a slim .4 second victory (6:36.5 – 6:36.9).
- MIT travels to Mission Bay for the San Diego Crew Classic on Saturday, April 6.