- Score: Western New England 37, MIT 0
- Records: MIT (1-5, 1-2 NEFC); Western New England (6-0, 3-0 NEFC)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Golden Bear Stadium)
- The Lead: At Golden Bear Stadium on Saturday afternoon, the MIT football team fell to Western New England University by a 37-0 final in New England Football Conference play. The Golden Bears are ranked No. 1 in this week's Grinold Chapter New England Division III Coaches Poll.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Golden Bears built to a 20-0 lead at the half as Kevin Patterson began the scoring with a 31-yard field goal and closed the first-half scoring with a 32-yard score. Overall for the game, Patterson finished 3-for-3 in field goals for WNE as he also hit a 33-yard attempt. WNE also added three rushing touchdowns for the game.
- MIT sophomore Eddy Garcia-Montes (Miami, Fla.) was the team's leading receiver with four receptions, while senior Anthony Emberley (Longmont, Colo.) and junior Mitch Turley (Westfield, Ind.) each finished with a team-best 12 total tackles. Emberley led the team with seven solo stops, while Turley added a pass breakup and both players had 1.5 tackles for loss.
- For Western New England, Nick Connell rushed for 115 yards on 21 attempts and Anthony Service completed 18 passes for 224 yards and one touchdown. In addition, Kurtis Jolicoeur led the Golden Bears with an eight-tackle effort.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, October 22nd as the Engineers travel to Salve Regina University for a Noon start.